Nicolston, founded by John Nicol in 1853 was originally know as “Car-luke” which is Gaelic for “Valley surrounded by Hills”. The business is run by the 5th & 6th Generation. As with many of the settlements in the years. Nicolston started with the establishment of a saw mill which was later converted into a flour and grist mill when supplies of timber were exhausted.
The original dam and mill still stand, as well as the secondary dam which was constructed to supply power for a woollen mill. This woollen mill, owned by George Upton, was one of the first to supply the T.Eaton Company with woollen supplies for socks and underwear. Today the site serves as a recreational campground and the largest dam incorporates a fish ladder to aid in the migration of rainbow trout and salmon to their spawning ground far upstream.
Our mantra- “Canadian Camping’ on the historic Nottawasaga River, based on naturally scenic, peaceful, recreational overnight RVing and camping. We offer large RV sites with 30amp power connections, water, WIFI, picnic tables and fire ring at each site.
Spacious RV Sites, WIFI*, Gift Shop, Fire-wood, Ice, Ice Cream, SUPs/Canoe/Kayaking, Fishing, Fishladder, Dam, Solar Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool, Playgrounds, Horseshoe Pits, Mini Golf, Laundry Facilities, Library, Volleyball.