Approved Guideline for Private Campground Owners in Nova Scotia:
Dr. Robert Strang MD, MHSc., FRCPC Chief Medical Officer of Health has approved our re-opening recommended guidelines and has advised us that Private Campground operators in Nova Scotia may open effective June 5, 2020. See the Re-Opening Guidelines below, which have now been approved by the Province.
Important Guidelines to Note:
- It will be important to maintain files on all of your campers for contact tracing purposes
- Communication of these guidelines on your website and social media channels is extremely important and should be posted as soon as possible.
- There is a reference to Campground Liability. See page 2 under “Introduction”. We are working on a new Code of Conduct Agreement specifically for the Province that will contain language which puts onus on the camper to accept any liability. Just like other businesses, there is no way to either know where someone contracted the virus and/or absolutely be certain that it was not the campers who disregarded your policy and procedures. Stay tuned for access to this resource.
- We were pleased to have “roofed accommodations” added into the approved guideline.
- We recommend that you read the guidelines thoroughly and work to get signage, PPE Supplies, and your staff trained immediately.
Updated on June 3, 2020