Private Campgrounds in Saskatchewan
Starting June 1, long-term seasonal, overnight stay and limited-term campers will be allowed under the following conditions until the public health order is amended:
- Reservations must be accepted in advance.
- Overnight stays and limited-term campsites may only be occupied at 50 per cent capacity, with no adjacent sites occupied at the same time.
- Contactless transactions must be used (electronic payment, delivery of fire wood, etc.).
- No group campsites/reservations permitted. Double sites may not be booked.
- All shower and laundry facilities must be closed.
- If access is required to bathroom facilities, enhanced sanitization protocols must be followed and the frequency with which bathrooms are cleaned must be increased.
- Washroom access will be limited to one household at a time.
- Campers must be encouraged to use bathroom facilities in their trailers or recreational vehicles, avoiding public bathrooms.
Campground operators will be required to undertake the following actions:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices are undertaken at central dump stations and water fill stations. All other common water sources are closed.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection efforts are undertaken in campground sites and in all public/shared spaces (e.g. picnic table, garbage cans and other high-touch surfaces).
- The maintenance of public areas/shared spaces must be conducted in accordance with the public health order and follow the COVID-19 Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection – Information for Public Facilities.
- All shared facilities must remain closed (showers, laundry facilities, cookhouses, clubhouses, firewood distribution centres).
- All recreational facilities must remain closed (swimming pools, beach access, picnic areas, playgrounds, tennis courts, etc.), including beaches and shared shoreline access; however boats may be launched as long as physical distancing requirements are strictly observed.
- All food and beverage services are suspended, except curbside pick-up or delivery. Grocery stores must enact enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices, as well as physical distancing guidelines.
- All community events must be postponed.
- Employees must have access to gloves and sanitizing wipes, and are required to stay home if they are unwell or symptomatic.
- Signage must be posted to caution campers about the risks of COVID-19.
- Campers exhibiting signs of illness will not be permitted.
- The rental of tents and yurts are not permitted.
- All public services, such as interpretation services, children’s programming and community-based programming, must be postponed.
For additional information, please call the Business Response Team at 1-844-800-8688 or email email@example.com.