Canadian RV and Camping Sectors Lobby in Ottawa
As this year marks Canada’s 150th anniversary, the RVDA of Canada and the CCRVC would like to ensure that individuals and families are able to explore Canada’s natural heritage both throughout this camping season and for generations to come, according to a release.
RVing and camping in Canada has a considerable economic impact; the manufacturing, purchasing, servicing and use of recreation vehicles contributes billions to the Canadian economy each year. In fact, in 2011, the total economic activity associated with the Canadian recreation vehicle industry reached $14.5 billion. There are over 4,231 campgrounds across Canada, each offering a unique experience for Canadians and international visitors.
The promotion of the RV sector and proper infrastructure in our existing parks are crucial to the growth of the RVing and camping industries, as well as a prosperous Canadian tourism sector. The RVing industry contributes billions to the national economy, but the more than 4,321 campgrounds across Canada require infrastructural improvements in order to accommodate new camping and RV technologies. As stated by RVDA Chairman Sam Parks, “RVing and camping are large components of tourism, both internally and externally. There is a crucial need for this to be recognized by Destination Canada as a viable growth area for tourism in Canada.”
A fair tax regime and investment in the necessary infrastructural updates for small businesses would benefit the family-owned campgrounds and RV dealerships that enable Canadians and visitors alike to experience the all that Canada has to offer. At present, campgrounds face an approximate 300% increase in their tax bills. Robert Trask, Chairman of the CCRVC, explains this will result in campgrounds facing “a larger tax rate than major billion dollar corporations which is dumbfounding.”
- Canadian RV and Camping Sectors have Lobby Day in Ottawa - Monday April 10th, 2017
- Announcement Canadian Rving and Camping Week 2017 - Thursday February 9th, 2017
- Our Canadian Private Campgrounds need your help with CRA and the Federal Government! - Tuesday January 3rd, 2017
- CCRVC and Camping in Ontario meet with MPs in Ottawa - Thursday December 15th, 2016
- The Honourable Gudie Hutchings announces start of Canadian RVing and Camping Week 2016 - Tuesday May 24th, 2016
- Canadian Camping and RV Council and Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada Lobby Day - Thursday April 14th, 2016